Scroll through bottom minibuffer documentation

How do I go about scrolling through the documentation minibuffer that LSP pops up to read it further when I get a Truncated indicator? I tried to link an image, but I think I’m too new hahaha. Here’s some python code that might be useful.

import pandas as pd
df = pd.DataFrame()

If you delete the parenthesis entirely and add an open parenthesis after the class, a minibuffer opens up (for me at least). At the bottom of this minbuffer it says Truncated . . .. How would I go about scrolling further down to read the rest of the text in the minibuffer?

System information

Loading data dump...

If you want to see more of the documentation while typing, you can call

M-x lsp-signature-toggle-full-docs

though in the case of the function you’re using in your example, this will essentially fill the screen and you still won’t be able to see the entire documentation. Instead, what you can do is leave the full-docs toggled off (and possibly change the variable lsp-signature-doc-lines to a larger number of lines before truncation as mentioned here: https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/1315#issuecomment-574360122 ), and when your cursor is on the function you want to know more about, you can call M-x lsp-describe-thing-at-point which will pop open a scrollable buffer to see all documentation.

@virtualprocessor apologies for the back and forth, but suppose I wanted to turn that window off. How would I go about doing that?

No worries. It looks like you’ll want to set item 12 in this link to nil as described:

(setq lsp-signature-auto-activate nil)
1 Like

Perfect! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.