Righ to Left writing

What happened?

Can’t find : bidi-display-reodering

What did you expect to happen?

Find it, and use it to write from right to left.

Steps to reproduce

1. Create new buffer
  2. M-x => set-input-method => arabic
  3. Start writing (writes in the correct language but ordered wrongly)
  4. Try to fix it using bidi-display-reodering but it doesn’t show up.

System information

Loading data dump...

I’m not sure why bidi-display-reordering isn’t showing up for you, but if you want to write in an RTL language you should enable the :input bidi module (make sure to read the README as well)

1 Like

Also, when asking support questions please post your system information instead of leaving it blank, and try to avoid vague language like “it doesn’t show up”, since I’m not really sure what that means in this context.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for not posting the whole information (see below). As per your recommended solution, I entered :input bidi as I normally enter a command in vim since I’m using evil-mode, and there is no such command. I’m not sure if that what you meant with your answer since I’m very new to emacs. If you can elaborate more I’d be grateful. :slight_smile:

generated    May 21, 2022 14:03:31
system       "ArcoLinux" Linux 5.17.9-arch1-1 x86_64 x
emacs        28.1 ~/.emacs.d/ -> ~/.emacs.d/
doom         3.0.0-dev grafted, HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD 8a27eb9 2022-05-09 15:43:32 +0200 ~/.doom.d/ -> ~/.doom.d/
shell        /bin/bash
features     ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB
traits       gui server-running envvar-file
modules      :completion company vertico :ui doom doom-dashboard (emoji +unicode) hl-todo indent-guides ligatures minimap modeline nav-flash ophints (popup +defaults) vc-gutter vi-tilde-fringe window-select workspaces :editor (evil +everywhere) file-templates fold (format +onsave) snippets word-wrap :emacs dired electric ibuffer undo vc :term vterm :checkers syntax :tools (eval +overlay) lookup magit :lang emacs-lisp markdown org python sh :email (mu4e +org +gmail) :app calendar :config (default +bindings +smartparens)

I meant the :input bidi doom module. I would suggest reading the getting started guide and faq, they explain a lot of the things you need to know to use doom emacs. But in the mean time, can enable the module by editing .doom.d/init.el and uncommenting ; bidi under the :input category, and then running doom sync to update the changes from your personal config. the module readme explains how to set up the module, but you probably need to go over the starter guide to learn how to configure doom, but if you just want to make sure it works, you can run M-x +bidi-global-mode and check that the text aligns correctly

2 Likes

Thanks, your solution worked flawlessly :smile: .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.