Possible frequent committer badge issue

I have the committer badge, but not the frequent committer badge, even though I qualify. How is the automation for that set up?

I think it checks the email address used for the account against the commits in the repository. The view github gives coalesces:

• all the email addresses in your github account
  • and all the commits you might have made in the UI which ends up being commits with a noreply email address.

If I remember correctly Discourse plugin also underestimated my commit count until I added the email address I use for my Discourse account to my Github profile. And even then it’ll stay underestimated because I pushed a lot of small patches from the website directly.

Maybe if you’re using SSO that wouldn’t be an issue, but I’m not so I can’t help

I am using the same email address in both, and I do have other valid git badges (contrib and great contrib). I also don’t really do commits from the Github UI, so that probably isn’t it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.