Org roam Failed to process emacs-sql unhandled condition

What happened?

Hello, I am having issues with regards to loading nodes in org-roam on my desktop. Every time I start a new instance of emacs and press spc n r f to make a node, I have to wait for processing modified files every time. Once it finishes, I get the following errors:

Error (org-roam): Failed to process /home/ryan/Nextcloud/Documents/org-roam/PDC_notes/20221101203745-water_mass.org with error EmacSQL had an unhandled condition: "cannot rollback - no transaction is active", 1, nil, "SQL logic error", skipping... Disable showing Disable logging
Error (org-roam): Failed to process /home/ryan/Nextcloud/Documents/org-roam/PDC_notes/20221101203715-sun_trap.org with error EmacSQL had an unhandled condition: "cannot rollback - no transaction is active", 1, nil, "SQL logic error", skipping... Disable showing Disable logging
Error (org-roam): Failed to process /home/ryan/Nextcloud/Documents/org-roam/PDC_notes/20221101203447-ecosystem_health.org with error EmacSQL had an unhandled condition: "cannot rollback - no transaction is active", 1, nil, "SQL logic error", skipping... Disable showing Disable logging
Error (org-roam): Failed to process /home/ryan/Nextcloud/Documents/org-roam/PDC_notes/20221101203201-capture_and_store_energy.org with error EmacSQL had an unhandled condition: "cannot rollback - no transaction is active", 1, nil, "SQL logic error", skipping... Disable showing Disable logging

Things I have tried:

• Deleting .emacs.d/.local followed by doom upgrade

• going to emacsql-sqlite/sqlite/ and issuing make clean followed by make

I appreciate any help or guidance!

What did you expect to happen?

I expect the nodes to load and the ability to switch to different nodes. I also don’t expect the processing modified files every startup. My laptop does not experience the issues but is running debian stable verse my desktop running testing.

I enabled debugging but could not find any helpful information from it, I can post if needed.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open emacs
  2. issue spc n r f
  3. wait for files to finish processing and get error

System information

Loading data dump...

Hello,

I had just forgotten about this issue and been using my laptop. Today I updated Doom Emacs and just curiously tried to re-sync the org database and everything works flawlessly. They sync only took about a minute and I can spc n r f and see all my org notes without errors.

I can not pin down to any one thing. I have been continuing with updates for debian bookworm each time; so the fix may have been either an update there or this recent doom upgrade. Here are my current versions:

Kernel: 6.0.0-5-amd64

SQlite3: 3.40.0

GNU Emacs v28.1

Doom core v3.0.0-pre

Doom modules v22.10.0-pre

clang and gcc are same as before.

Hard to say what it was but I am glad it works now. :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.