Journal key bindings in Calendar not available, and general journal question

key bindings in calendar

When I open the calendar using M-x calendar, the j key is bound to calendar-forward-week, which is a problem because j is the prefix for all the calendar-related journal commands.

I’ve attempted to figure out why this is, or what the equivalent SPC key would be, to no avail. I did find C-c C-j to open the current journal entry, but I don’t find other journal commands bound to C-c and other keys.

multiple journals

SPC X followed by j is the journal capture for Org, and SPC n j j is also for journal entries. Unfortunately, these entries go to different files (Journal.org and .../journal/yyyymmdd respectively).
Should I just choose one, or is there a way to use both? I prefer the .../journal/yyyymmdd or perhaps even .../journal/yyyymm with headings for days of the month, if that’s possible.

Really appreciate any help on these, directions to more suitable forums, or documentation. I do make an attempt to figure these things out, but haven’t discovered the secret sauce to solving my own problems yet.
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.