Ideas on using key-chord package

Hi, this is my first time posting in this place, and hope I can be useful to the community since I love using doom emacs since I first used it last year.

If you are using evil mode in doom emacs and do not want to hit escape every time you make a mistake and go back one word then delete the word then go back to insert mode then try using the key-chord package as shown in the picture attached and add few lines to the config.el and package.el Hope you find this useful and there is room for new ideas as well that I would like to hear from you all

2 Likes

Great tip, thanks for sharing! Your written explanations were also very helpful for understanding the use case.

I have been looking for a solution like this for a while now, as I refused to believe that the best way to deal with minor typos while writing is to switch in and out of normal mode (or, even worse, move my fingers away from the home row!)

I think this could also work really well with some hydras, which would allow you to chain more than one commands without having to re-press the initial trigger key (in your case β€œj”). It’s been a while since I used it, but I remember it was great for navigation and small editing operations - almost like a mini normal mode inside your insert mode.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.