How to hide (doom) modeline on doom-dashboard startup?

What happened?

I am trying to hide the mode line (modeline module) when the dashboard (doom-dashboard module) opens. Following Tecosaur’s splash screen configuration, I added (add-hook! '+doom-dashboard-mode-hook (hide-mode-line-mode 1)) to my config.org. However, when I open emacs, the modeline still appears in the dashboard:

What did you expect to happen?

The dashboard should open with no modeline, and should look like:

I can indeed achieve this state when the dashboard loads with the modeline if I do M-x hide-mode-line-mode. Thus, it would appear that (hide-mode-line-mode 1) is not run as a hook.

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Emacs
  2. The modeline is showing

Why is the mode line still appearing in the dashboard? How can I go about debugging hooks and the order in which functions are run when entering a major mode?

System information

Loading data dump...

Workaround

Instead of using +doom-dashboard-mode-hook, use +doom-dashboard-functions. I added this to my config.org:

(add-hook! '+doom-dashboard-functions (hide-mode-line-mode 1))

(add-hook! '+doom-dashboard-mode-hook (hide-mode-line-mode 1)) (or simply (add-hook '+doom-dashboard-mode-hook #'hide-mode-line-mode)) in my config.el works just fine. Are you sure you tangled after making the change?

This topic was automatically closed after 360 days. New replies are no longer allowed.