Doom is unuseable to me and I don't understand the errors

What happened?

Starting emacs yields these errors/problems:

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading ‘/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/etc/@/init.28.elc’:

Error caused by user’s config or system: /Users/bob/.doom.d/config.el, (file-missing Doing vfork No such file or directory)

If I try to edit a file, I dig in deeper: Error (doom-first-file-hook): Error running hook “global-git-commit-mode” because: (file-error Creating directory Read-only file system /run)

If I start with --debug-init, I get a "Failed to load deferred package server: (file-error Creating directory Read-only file system /run)

The first few lines of the backtrace are:

make-process(:name “emacsql-sqlite” :buffer #<buffer emacsql-sqlite> :command (“/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-28.2/ema…” “/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/cache/org-roam.db”)) apply(make-process (:name “emacsql-sqlite” :buffer #<buffer emacsql-sqlite> :command (“/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-28.2/ema…” “/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/cache/org-roam.db”))) start-process(“emacsql-sqlite” #<buffer emacsql-sqlite> “/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-28.2/ema…” “/Users/bob/.emacs.d/.local/cache/org-roam.db”)

{{{Explain what went wrong.}}}

What did you expect to happen?

{{{Explain what should have happened.}}}

Steps to reproduce

System information

Loading data dump...

Hm, I do not know what the problem is. All I can say is that it is really weird that /run is a read-only file system for you. It should not be. I do not have a Mac though, so I can not say more about this.

Somebody on reddit suggested defining (defun server-running-p () 't) to pass the server checking code, where /run would be used in Linux systems. Why it’s hitting me is a mystery. And the added function didn’t help.

Somebody else suggested pointing XDG_RUNTIME_DIR to someplace I can write. I have it pointing to a directory in ~/.

I really don’t know what to do. I’ve upgraded emacs to 28.2 and reinstalled doom several times.

I installed Ubuntu desktop in a vm, installed emacs 28.1 (it’s what comes with apt install) and installed doom. Different error message but same kind of error. Has to do with emacsql-sqlite. Needed for org-roam.

Checking Doom Emacs… x There was an unexpected runtime error Message: /home/bob/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-28.1/emacsql-sqlite/sqlite/emacsql-sqlite has failed immediately Backtrace: (signal error ("/home/bob/.emacs.d/.local/straight/build-28.1/emacsql-… (error “%s has failed immediately” "/home/bob/.emacs.d/.local/straight…