A new doom theme based on vim-moonfly

Hello friends,

I’m new to doom. I used to work with vim occasionally, but spent most of my time on VSCode. Now I am moving to doom, and in the process, I wanted to port my favorite colorscheme: vim-moonfly-colors.

So I developed doom-moonfly-theme which is now on github.

I am happy with 95% of it. There are still some things that I want to fix/change and I am still looking for how to do them :slight_smile:.

I don’t use all the features of doom so I am sure there’s a lot of rough edges that I am unaware of.

Any feedback on the theme itself is most welcome.

3 Likes

This is excellent. I am always happy to see someone creating a new theme.

I find the variety of colors used quite pleasant.

It can be hard to give feedback on something as subjective as aesthetics but I’ll give it a shot.

• The modeline needs a background color different from the main window
  • Same advice for org code blocks
  • I personally don’t like black background faces and would rather see something dark gray instead. I understand that isn’t the case for the original theme but if I had my way that’s what I’d do.

I hope you continue working on this.

I started working on my own doom theme but haven’t had the courage to share it yet.

Thanks for the feedback, and please, do share your theme :slight_smile:

I think you’re right, the modline can get a different color, but I must admit, I am very into super-dark/all-dark. Will tinker around and see what I can come up with.

I don’t use org-mode at all, but I am planning on doing so, so I will definitely be putting it in my TODOs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.