A couple of newbie questions about navigating

Sorry for the newbie questions, I just can’t find this info anywhere.

When I invoke a prefix like C-x, for instance, and wait a bit, the available choices in that keymap are shown. Often there is a page indicator such as (1/2). I can’t find any way to move to the next page. No key combination, scrolling the mouse wheel, using the arrow keys, nothing seems to work.

Second question: C-u is bound to evil-scroll-up, which prevents me from using it as the universal argument for commands. How do other people handle this?

Thanks!

I think paging in the which-key popup is disabled (at least when using vertico). Try pressing ? to get a list of all keybindings.

Concerning your second question, AFAIR you can use SPC u to get the universal argument.

2 Likes

Thanks!

? is a good workaround.

Edit: actually, I just disabled vertico and paging is available. Maybe I’ll just roll with that for a while until I feel a need for it. Thanks for mentioning that!

I actually discovered SPC u while @Riccardo_Varenna was helping me on Discord :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, no resolution yet. It would be nice to figure it out. Surely someone knows.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.